1. What is a handplane?
A handplane is a wave riding board that makes bodysurfing more fun. Handplanes help you lift more of your body out of the surf. This minimises drag and increases your speed through the water. As a result, you can ride waves for much longer and get properly barrelled!
2. Does a BELLY handplane need a hand strap?
BELLY's handplanes do not need a hand strap. Just rest your hand on the traction pad and it won't fall off (trust me).
The strapless set up is rad because:
- You can change hands quickly to ride left and right handed waves.
- It minimises the risk of shoulder injury and fatigue because your hand is not tied to the board.
- You are free to position your hand anywhere you want - this includes grabbing the nose like a bodyboard!
Each handplane comes with a long, comfy, coiled and swivelized wrist leash so you won't lose it in the surf.
3. How to attach your wrist leash
- STEP 1: Undo the velcro straps.
- STEP 2: Loop the string under the small velcro strap.
- STEP 3: Undo the knot in the string. Thread both ends of the string through the leash plug, from the under side of the board to the top side.
- STEP 4: Bring both ends of the string back to the under side of the board. Then, holding both ends of the string together, tie a single knot.
4. How to get the best out of Belly's Board
- Rinse well with fresh water after every use.
- Do not leave out in direct sunlight.
- Store in a cool dry place.
5. Who is Belly?
Belly is the stokebroking barrel magnet that pioneered the handplane cutback. When he is not getting GIRT AF, he is throwing everything he's got at executing bodysurfing's first air. That's right ... Belly's dream is to be the first bodysurfer in space!